Las Vegas New R&B @Y_O_S_2_0_7 Shares "Confetti"



There are a lot of new talents and tunes coming straight out of Las Vegas. I have discovered a lot of new artists from all over the world that no one doesn't know who they are, DO YOUR RESEARCH!! I been following up on this new artist for a while now and she's a dope singer and songwriter. For being originally from California but spent the rest of her life growing up in Las Vegas. I pay more attention to the female artist's as of rappers, songwriters and singers because they sincerely deserve more credit of the hardworking techniques they do.

This young artist definitely got something special and her music is very wavy for everyone to vibe out to. I would like to introduce you to Vegas new Pop/Soul singer/songwriter Soy@. She's here to share her debut album titled Confetti. I been waiting for her to put out a full project when I first seeing her performing at Beauty Bar in Fremont downtown. Confetti includes nine new tracks, produced and engineered by Lyfe Serel and lyrics written by Soya. As soon as you listen to Soya's album, I want everyone to put this project on repeat all day until you really understand and get the feeling on what you really think of the album. Go follow Soya on social media, show her some support and share her music with your friends.

Confetti Available NOW: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/confetti/1440294019?app=itunes

Soya's Social Media
Bookings: 702soy@gmail.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/y_o_s_2_0_7
Instagram: www.instagram.com/__soya__
Sound Cloud: https://soundcloud.com/soy702

Confetti Q & A

1) For the new listeners don't know Soya, Tell a story about yourself. Who is Soya? Where you from?

Soya: Hey! Thank you for having me for your blog spotlight. I go by the name of Soya. The name Soy kind of started out as a nickname in high school. Later on it progressed to a lot of different things, but I'm really happy with the name Soya now. I'm originally from California, but I've lived in most of my life in Vegas.

2) When did you start singing and writing? What made you want to become a musician?

Soya: I became really interested in music after I graduated high school. I was in a dystopia it felt like and once I finally graduated, the air in my life had cleared. Music and art were the things that I had always turned to when I felt unsure about my life. I loved writing my feelings down in multiple journals, trying to hem my words into poetry. Music comforts me in a way like no other, and i feel like I can be myself when I sing. I've always loved singing, but I didn't start taking it seriously until a couple years ago.

3) How did you know that making music was going to be your number one goal? Or did you had a different hobby that you always wanted to do, besides music?

Soya: I started singing with my mom when I was young. She has an amazing voice, and I always tried to get to her level. Making music has so much value, because the singers and artists I've known have changed my life forever. When I decided to take music seriously, I just wanted to hold myself to that standard. It's the place where I feel truly accepted.

4) Why the title Confetti for the album? What's the meaning of it?

Soya: The meaning behind Confetti is, in sum, a celebration. But it's also a front because when you see confetti at a party, it symbolizes a good time. My album is pretty much trying to get over the good times that I've had in the past and move on to new beginnings.

5) How many tracks? Any features? Who did the producing and engineering?

Soya: I have 9 tracks on the album including one interlude. My friend Patrick plays the guitar in Confetti and does an outstanding job. We play that one live a lot, so I'm happy to have it available for people to listen to online now! My good friend Jean Lamonte & Shi Lowrein are featured on the song "Capsules". That track was the first one we made for the album, about a year ago. The producer and engineer of this album is the talented Lyfe Serel. The album sounds perfect and the production is exquisite. He's also featured on the song "Fanta". I did produce one song "Link" haha.

6) Is there a song on the album that you had writers block and couldn't finished it?

Soya: Yes! On almost every songI've had to take a break from it and come back. I like to let the lyrics marinade for a while, then come back to see if they've aged well.

7) What's your number one biggest challenge as a young artist for yourself?

Soya: The number one challenge I find myself in is feeling uncomfortable while making music. I'm still very new to making music consistently, or even at all. I still have moments where I'm in the studio, stuck with the most fragile energy. I have the worst writers block and sometimes can't write lyrics until I'm alone. I'm finding that things work out better if I just open up and be myself. There's no reason to still be uncomfortable doing something that I love.

8) What type of emotions are we going to hear on this album?

Soya: I'm hoping to portray a range of emotions. I want to be comforting, but also real and upfront. I was trying to be energetic and endearing at the same time. There are songs (most of them) that hit me right in the feels, because they're time markers of what was going on in my life when I recorded them.

9) Who are the top main artists that influenced you to become a singer and songwriter?

Soya: The Weeknd is somebody who has inspired me throughout my musical career. I've been pretty shy the past couple of years due to anxiety and extreme social discomfort. When I listened to the Weeknd, it seemed like he addressed every single one of my problems that I was going through in life, one way or another. His music is so deeply symbolic to me. Anytime I was feeling sad, I could turn to his music like therapy. Lana Del Rey is someone who I've looked up to for years. Discovering an artist who you can identify with is so special, and she does that for me. Any song of hers I can get chills she is a part of me.

10) If you could write and do a record with any of your favorite artist, Who would it be? and Why?

Soya: If I could record with Grimes, I would absolutely die. Her music is so pop and industrial. She is also a great inspiration to my sound. She produces all of her own music and drives me to become a better producer. I love her energy and the way she makes me feel. I can't even imagine what our track together would sound like, but I would love it forever.

11) Do you see yourself getting signed to a major label or stay independent to do it on your own?

Soya: As of right now, I can't imagine getting signed, but I would consider it. Being independent has it's own benefits, but the exposure of singing to a label is career changing. No matter where the road takes, I just want to be myself. As of right now, I work with my team, Locals. We all put out our own projects as well as collaborative works.

12) You have any words that you would like to say to the people who supported you from the beginning?

Soya: Thank you for being patient with me. I'm not everyone's cup of tea, but it means the world to be accepted. The people I've worked with inspire me daily to become a better person. I hope to make everyone proud someday. To my friend Patrick, thank you for collaborating with me on our first song ever, "Caged". To my cousin, Josh, thank you for introducing me to your team and believing in me. To Wave and the Tribe, I can't thank ya'll enough for making me feel like a real artist and treating me with kindness. And to Lyfe Serel, thank you for making this album with me and making me apart of the Locals Team. I love you Uub and Cactus. Thank you to my best friends Marissa and Saniya for believing in me from the beginning, And to my family for always letting me pursue my dreams! Love you all!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Music: @SadGirlSteelo - Thinking About You

New Music: @HopeMusic30 "Never Seen"

(New Ivan Album) @IvanBnw "Layers Of Reflection"