(EP Review) NY Singer @isthat_Isa "Mirrors Vol 1"


New York newcomer talented American female singer/songwriter/model Isa Marina Lopez, better known by her stage name Isa. This month, the singer released her second EP project Mirrors Vol.1.

Emerging around listening to new music artists coming from United States and outside of the country. Listening to new artists from RnBass names like Lolo Zouai, Kiki Ireland, Abrina, WhoIsHeartBreak and many more. This new RnBass artist is something special and I believe she's the next artist to watch out in 2017. New York newcomer singer Isa Marina Lopez, better known as Isa release her second EP Mirrors Vol.1 and this project is the type of music that everyone should be listening to. 

I suggest everyone to give Isa's EP a listen, play it on repeat and share it to friends/family and social media. Isa Lopez is your new favorite artist and pay attention to.

Social Media:
Download Mirrors Vol.1 for free: buff.ly/2fE8vOy
IsthatIsaBooking@gmail.com

Isa's Q & A:

1) Would you mind telling a background of yourself and how you got interested in music?

Is: I've been singing for as long as I can remember. At the age of 14, I started my Operatic vocal training and developed it throughout my adolescence. I then went on to do musical theater - once in college, I continued to train vocally and started interning at Capital Records. While at Capital, I decided I'd give the music industry a real shot as an independent artist and everything has unfolded since then.

2) Did you play any instruments at a young age or listen to old school music?

Isa: I started playing the guitar at age 9 - I only learned a few chords to No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom album. That album was a classic and I bumped it everyday! That's how I got my start in songwriting - the few chords I learned geared me up in the process of learning solid song structure. I also listened to a lot of Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, En Vogue, Aaliyah, Tupac, Selena, Britney Spears...you name it! The music I listened to growing up varied tremendously.

3) What made you want to become a singer?

Isa: I was natural - it's always been a part of me. I've always loved to sing, dance and perform. I was a super dramatic kid and put on a mini performance any and everywhere I could. I was also in choir at church, chorus in school, talent shows, plays. I loved it all!!

4) You're new single "Good for Me"...What's the concept of that record? Who produced the song?

Isa: I was actually through that situation at the time - I decided to write because I needed to get those emotions out of my system. I was listening to a lot of Marvin Gaye, and boom the melody came to me.

5) Why the title Mirrors Vol.1? And what's the concept of the project?

Isa: Mirrors Volume 1 was made and curated over the course of three years. It's an introspective look into my experiences as a young woman during that time frame (learning to navigate the music industry without losing myself and my focus, being broke and financially unstable, tumultuous relationships, and the list goes on). I based it on the series of interviews Maria Callas did with Mike Wallace, of which she was very candid and matter of fact when it came to speaking on her experiences. This was the approach I took when it came to songwriting for the EP. My background is in the Opera world and that was also a major construct in the development of the #MVI. There was a crystalline focus on vocals and lyrics.

6) What will the fans hear with this project? What type of emotions are they going to feel/hear?

Isa: They're going to get a lot of raw emotion. Each song was based on a particular moment/trial occurring in my life. The songs are very detailed so there's no escaping the truth of each one. 

7) Where do you see yourself in the next five years within the industry?

Isa: I definitely see myself at the top of the charts, touring the world, snagging some grammy's. But most importantly giving back to the Black and Latino community in a big way.

8) If you could write a song and collaborate with any artist, would would it be?

Isa: I would love to collaborate with The Weeknd. He understands and grasps the genius of writing/creating a great record and I feel we could accomplish that.

9) Which the artists did you grow up listening to the most?

Isa: I absolutely adored Mariah, Whitney and MJ. They will forever be the musical holy grail for me.

10) What's next for you in 2017?

Isa: Next for me is developing my sound and giving the world even better new music. It's a never ending learning process, so I'm excited for growth. I'll be touring as well. 

11) Any words you want to say to fans, friends and family who have supported you?

Isa: Thank you! I'm eternally grateful for your love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Music: @SadGirlSteelo - Thinking About You

New Music: @HopeMusic30 "Never Seen"

(New Ivan Album) @IvanBnw "Layers Of Reflection"