Exclusive: @Buubackwards Debut Album "Neomodus"



In each different cities have their own type of sound Las Vegas got their own but it's much way more different than trap music, gangsta rap and others. Once you plan a trip to Vegas and have plans to go out at night, ask yourself this question "Where can I find a place that plays good music and new artists who I can check out?" Great question there's bunch of places to find dope ass talents, you just have to go to Fremont go to Beauty Bar and other small venues. I have discovered dope artists from Vegas and this new artist who I just started listening to; he's good. 

18 year old Vegas rapper Uub been on the grind for a while and he is here to share his lifestyle with you how he became a young artist. He's the type of new up and coming artist that you can relate yourself to vibe out to. I think someone like Uub at a young man is going to make something in life, we just have to wait and see where his music will take him to. I really don't want to compare Uub to anyone else honestly he's just being himself and creating his own sound. Got the chance to chop it up with Uub, ask him questions about him and how he got into the music. 

Vegas rapper is here to share his debut album Neomodus with eight new tracks with one feature from Cactus Van and Caterpillar Jones. Out of seven tracks are produced, mixed and mastered by Uub himself and got some production help from Asaiah Ziv. Feel free to go take a listen to Neomodus and share your favorite record, please show this kid support. 

Go Purchase Neomodus on iTunes Now: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/neomodus/1437658962

Uub's Social Media

Uub's Q & A:
1) For the new listeners who don't know Uub, would you mind introducing yourself and telling a story about your lifestyle? 

Uub: I'm an eighteen year old recording artist and producer born and raised in Las Vegas, NV. I breathe, eat, music and sleep.

2) What made you want to become a rapper? Who are you influenced by?

Uub: Being completely honest with you, rapping was just something I decided to try one day. I've been influenced by many artist in so many ways, however, I specifically remember attempting to write my first rap one day after listening to Jaden Smith. Keep in mind, I had been a fan of Jaden for only a few months at the time. His music and his character always intrigued me. Seeing him being so young but still so dope was mad inspiring me. Artists like Pharrell, Kid Cudi, Kendrick Lamar, J.Cole, Big Sean, Logic, Tyler the Creator and Odd Future, A$AP Rocky, Mac Miller, Vince Staples, Joey Bada$$, many more inspired and crafted me as an artist (there are quite a few more artist I know I'm leaving out). 

3) When did you start rapping and making music?

Uub: One day during my sophomore year of high school my phone died on me while I was walking home. It was always took me awhile to get home when walking just because I had to travel quite a bit to get home. To pass the time I thought of eight bars and just kept repeating what I had until I got home and wrote it down. After I wrote the eight bars down, I knew I had to add eight more to make a full sixteen. Once I was finished, I was honestly surprised that I was even able to do that. I didn't show anyone this specific sixteen because I had never written one before and didn't necessarily know how to present it. A few days passed by and I finally decided to show my mom. She thought I was going to show her a new dance routine or something because she saw me bring out a speaker, but once I started rapping she was at a lost of words, I had completely shocked her! She was unaware I was even taking interest in music. From that moment on I studied the culture, wrote almost everyday, invested in some starter equipment, and the rest is history!

4) What are the themes or topics for most of your songs?

Uub: Being so young in the field I'm in comes with a lot. My new EP Neomodus is a body of work meant to encourage people to do what they want to do! Whether you have the support behind you or not. I want people to listen to this and feel good about whatever it is they're chasing and to know that Uub understands the hardships and sacrifices one has to go through to even get to the point where am I as an artist (And I'm not even famous yet! HAHA!)

5) Why the title Neomodus for the album? What is the meaning behind this project?

Uub: Neo - new, recent | Modus - way in which anything is done. Almost everything about Neomodus is new to me. From the raps and beats to my voice and the name of the project, I strongly feel I'm presenting a breather of fresh air to the music industry with this body of work. 

6) Who are the producers and features did you work with on this project?

Uub: I produced seven out of eight tracks on the project. The only other producer on the project is Asaiah Ziv. I've been a fan of his for a couple years now. I'm beyond blessed to have him help with this project. As far as features go, I reached out to my big brothers Cactus Van and Caterpillar Jones to bless me with their energy while in the process of creating NEOMODUS. They both inspire me and both have energy out of this world so I needed them two on my first EP. 

7) What are the listeners going to hear on this album?

Uub: Listeners are going to hear people who rap really well on really good beats. That's not a combo that's common nowadays. I'm glad I can provide a break from the bullshit. 

8) What is your biggest challenge as an young artist?

Uub: My biggest challenge used to be caring about what others thought of me and my music. You either enjoy it or you don't. Now a days, I really could care less. The moment I realized most the people I feel aren't watching me and paying me attention actually are but just don't say anything or show love was the day things changed for me. Now I'm forever acting a fool and doing me completely because I know a lot of people watch and doing just that would make them upset. I like that.

9) If you could work with any of your favorite artist in the near future, would it be?

Uub: (NO ORDER AT ALL) Tyler, A$AP MOB, Pharrell, Iceytwat, Kaytranada, Masego, Goldlink, Vince Staples, producers over at Soulection, Jaden, Kendrick and of course Kanye. This list can be way longer, but off tops these are the people I immediately thought of. 

10) Any last words you want to say to the people who supported you?

Uub: To everyone who's been supporting before my first EP, I LOVE YOU! Your energy and love led me to creating a body of work I'm 100% proud of. I already have the second EP figured too by the way. I know my life is about to change and I hope I make you all proud and if I don't....Damn!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Music: @SadGirlSteelo - Thinking About You

New Music: @HopeMusic30 "Never Seen"

(New Ivan Album) @IvanBnw "Layers Of Reflection"