Brand New @Juwulissa "Te Extrano" EP


For the past three years, Pennsylvania Alternative singer/songwriter Julissa been putting out music in the previous three years and she continues on creating dope music. Her last project Surroundings was released in April 2017. I definitely would love to see her and Willow Smith creating great music together cause they both have the same genre vibe. Singer is here to deliver her fifth EP Te Extrano includes two songs, everything created by her. I suggest everyone go download Julissa's project, share it on social media and please show her support, thank you!

For more information, please follow Julissa's social media.

Julissa's Social Media
Business requires: julissas.world123@gmail.com

Read the interview below

1) For the people who still don't know who Julissa is, explain your background. Who is Julissa?

Julissa: I'm gonna write it in third-person point of view....I am an 18 year old singer, songwriter and producer. I make alternative R&B music with hints of other genres sprinkled in. Started making music in 2014, and released original material for the first time in 2015. After the released of four EP's before this, titled πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—, HEART, All Around Me EP and Surroundings. 

2) What made you want to be who you are and as an young artist? and Why?

Julissa: I've always loved music. I touched on this on one of my last interviews with you. Here's the excerpt: Wrote my first song in 3rd grade then I stopped. From then on, I've been really consistent in songwriting. Somewhere around 200 songs were written in the past two years. I've been singing since I was eight. I think growing up really made me love music because I was exposed to so much of it from a young age.

3) What genre of music do you consider your work to be?

Julissa: Alternative R&B is what I describe it as right now. That could change in the coming years. I've also dabbled in ballad, contemporary R&B, disco, political music, old-school hip-hop, alternative pop, indie rock and funk, among others. 

4) What is your biggest challenge as an artist?

Julissa: My biggest challenges as an artist are the struggle of coming up in a place that really doesn't have much of a music scene as well as lack of motivation, especially the latter. The area is just starting to bloom with music (unfortunately, a lot of which sounds the same), and I hope I get to see genuine growth of our little music scene. I want to lead that somehow. Lack of motivation has been a big thing because I haven't been able to get out of bed period, let alone get up to work on music. 

5) Why the title Take 5 for the project?

Julissa: It's the fifth EP!

6) How long does it take you to finished writing a song?

Julissa: It's really depends on what's going on when I'm writing it. There are a lot of good songs that I wrote in 2015 and 2016 that still aren't released yet. I want them to sound good. A lot of songs in my EP's are made in a day. It shows, but yeah. A lot of songs that I wrote a long time ago will be released in my albums!

7) What's your plan to be with your music?

Julissa: My plan is to become successful and help others in need. I want to perform for a living. 

8) Do you see yourself staying independent or getting signed to a major record label?

Julissa: I hope to start my own label someday and help change how record labels are run. 

9) What's your back up plan if you don't make it in the industry?

Julissa: I will make it. I'm going to college in the fall to study communications, though.

10) How confident are you as yourself as an young female artist?

Julissa: Well, being black too...it's a trip. I hope I don't have to wait so long for my break while working 3x harder than a person who'll get it in the fraction of the time.

11) Any shout-out and thank you?

Julissa: Thank you everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Music: @SadGirlSteelo - Thinking About You

New Music: @HopeMusic30 "Never Seen"

(New Ivan Album) @IvanBnw "Layers Of Reflection"