World Premiere: @JayyLowkes "Sad Girl Steelo" EP


Las Vegas is building up a new underground music scene of new young talents males and females. I have been paying attention few artists from Sin City and I already know who they are and they're doing it pretty well. Vegas got a new young breed and she's ready to build up her brand as a solo artist. 

To be honest, I can see a bright future for Jay Lowkes because she has that big heart of being very talented of herself. Lav Vegas female rapper is proudly to share her debut EP titled Sad Girl Steelo five new tracks prod by DJ Rawwk who is a dope ass producer, shout-out to Rawwk. I got the time to speak with Lowkes ask her questions about her lifestyle into music, read the interview below.

If you want to get to know more about Jay Lowkes follow her on social media and check out her music on Sound Cloud. It's JAY MOTHAFUCKIN LOWKES!!!

Jay Lowkes Social Media

Jay Lowkes Q & A:

1) Not a lot of everyone as the new listeners don't know who you are, Who is Jay Lowkes?

Lowkes: Jay Lowkes is a name my homies gave me when I first started rapping and it just kinda stuck. It's not really a persona either Jay Lowkes is me. She's that dope homegirl everyone has who likes to smoke a lot of weed haha and is super chill, but will always ride for you. I never wanna be a superficial artist and make things seem like what they aren't. I'm pretty straight to the point and that's how I want my music to be perceived. But I'm also a very private person so it gives people a little mystery to who I am and what I'm about unless they know me on a personal level.

2) How old were you when you started rapping?

Lowkes: I started around 15 playing around. I always sang and wrote songs it was popular to rap at parties or kicking it with my homies. So I decide to write a rap one day and people it was dope so I kept writing and learning more about rap. Then it became a passion. I'm more known more for my bars then my singing. Which is dope but I made Sad Girl Steelo to kind of break out of that mold. That's why it's all singing and no raps.

3) What made you wanted to become a rapper?

Lowkes: Hmm good question. It wasn't really a thing I wanted to become it just happened and took it and ran with it. I fell in love with words. I've always liked poetry so that was kinda a gate way for me to rap.

4) What's your thoughts on being an independent artist as a young female?

Lowkes: It's tough sometimes I don't have management or a team. It's just me and my producer DJ Rawwk he's my right hand guy. He started working with me when I decided to make music again around 18 going onto 19. He started of as my engineer and then he started making me beats. He produced the whole project actually. But, it is a lot of work and long hours that go into being independent. You have to learn everything from the ground up. There's always knowledge to be obtained. As a female it was hard to get love at first a lot of people were doubtful of my skills. But once they heard me spit it was all love.

5) How many songs will be on the EP?

Lowkes: There are 5 songs on the EP, each mean a lot to me.

6) Why is Sad Girls Steelo so important to you?

Lowkes: Sad Girl Steelo is like my autobiography in an emotional way. I wrote it to touch on things I couldn't at the time they happened, it's like a therapy session. I'm being more raw and honest in my lyrics. I talk about my addiction to pills in the past. I touch on past relationships and even current things happening in my relationship now. It's an emotional project.

7) Why should the people listen to this project? What kind of emotions are they going to hear?

Lowkes: Hmm this project is for my super sensitive people out there. I want people to know it's okay to feel, it's okay to be emotional. It's okay to be sad but sadness doesn't have to consume you. I went through a deep depression for awhile and it made it hard to live my life. I want people to know there not the only one. I wrote songs I couldn't find in my playlist to get me through what I was going through. I wrote songs I knew I could relate to when I couldn't find one I could. I hope people can really feel this and maybe it'll help them through something.

8) Where do you see yourself in the next five years?

Lowkes: Definitely with a bigger platform and audience. Hopefully accepting an award for my music.

9) If you weren't doing music, What other activities would you do?

Lowkes: Probably would take up writing again, write poetry. Maybe dabble in acting or even directing. Something creative definitely.

10) You have any shout-outs and thank you to anyone who have supported you this far?

Lowkes: Big shout-out to my boyfriend for being my rock. Shout-out to my producer for always helping me to get my shine and shout-out to you Zachy for being a great friend and inspiration to keep striving in my career. Also special thanks to all my friends who have helped and heard the project before anyone and giving me honest feedback.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Music: @SadGirlSteelo - Thinking About You

New Music: @HopeMusic30 "Never Seen"

(New Ivan Album) @IvanBnw "Layers Of Reflection"